- If you have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or are returning from travel outside of Canada, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you are experiencing mild respiratory symptoms, you must self-isolate at home for 10 days after the initial onset of symptoms.
- If you start to feel unwell while at work: Isolate yourself and report it to your supervisor immediately.
Common Sense Practices:
- Wash hands regularly for minimum 20 seconds.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve or a tissue.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice social distancing.
New COVID 19 Protocols
This summer Backroads will actively mitigate all high-risk exposure of COVID-19 to staff and guests. With the help of the RMOW, Backroads can safely operate at Lakeside Park. We will provide the necessary means for all park patrons, whether Backroads or non-Backroads visitors, to maintain social distancing and enjoy a comfortable environment at the park.
- Has access to appropriate PPE and cleaning supplies.
- Extra staff to ensure time for cleaning and disinfecting gear.
- Hand washing facilities will be available for staff and guests.
Lakeside Park Amenities
- Playground is use at own risk as dictates by the municipality.
- Water fountain bottle filling station open only.
- Northern dock to be separated into Backroads operations and public use by line separating the middle of the dock. Shared use of this dock is limited for staff, customer and public safety
- Disinfecting of bathrooms hourly.
- Limited capacity of staff inside the concession at one time.
- Ice cream window equipped with appropriate droplet barrier (side widow by women’s washroom).
- Front window will only open enough to communicate with guest and avoiding droplet contact.
- Lines will form straight back from windows with 2 meter spacing between people. Overflow line will be to the right of the concession building down the river side of the valley trail.
- Wavier will be completed online by accessing waiver on mobile device and payment processing using contactless methods when available.
- Waiver signing devices and payment machines will be cleaned after every contact.
- Washroom, front shelf, and windows cleaned hourly.
- Staff to have access to appropriate PPE equipment at all times.
- Access to appropriate PPE equipment available at all times.
- Social distancing practices when loading and unloading guests from boats.
- Control the return of used lifejackets, paddles, and boats for disinfecting before returning to inventory.
- River of Golden Dreams departure speech to explain proper social distancing practice while on river and for portage sections.
- Line for PFD and paddle to be on the path from PFD locker toward concession with 2 meter spacing.
- Comfortable seating capacity on bus as dictates by BC Transit.
- Guests to sit with their “social bubble” or maintain 2 meter from other guests.
- Guests to load bus from back to front and unload the opposite front to back.
- Driver to have access to appropriate PPE for loading/unloading used guest gear.
- Gear to be cleaned and disinfected before returning to inventory.