- If you have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or are returning from travel outside of Canada, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you are experiencing mild respiratory symptoms, you must self-isolate at home for 10 days after the initial onset of symptoms.
- If you start to feel unwell while at work: Isolate yourself and report it to your supervisor immediately.
Common Sense Practices:
- Wash hands regularly for minimum 20 seconds.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve or a tissue.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice social distancing when possible.
New COVID 19 Protocols
Backroads goal this summer will be to eliminate all high-risk exposure of COVID-19 to staff and guests. With the help of the RMOW and Bylaw officials, Backroads feels it can safely operate at Lakeside Park. We will need assistance on controlling the number of park visitors and ensure non-Backroads visitors maintain social distancing, when using lakeside park.
Backroads management will:
- Wear needed PPE and cleaning supplies.
- Time off will be given to any staff feeling unwell.
- Extra staff to ensure time for cleaning and disinfecting gear.
- Hand washing facilities will be available for staff and guests.
Lakeside Park Amenities
- Playground is use at own risk as Backroads staff cannot effectively control the use and sanitization of this area.
- Water fountain bottle filling station open only.
- Northern dock to be separated into Backroads operations and public use by line separating the middle of the dock. Shared use of this dock will compromise the safe practice of social distancing for Backroads staff and guests.
- Disinfect shower and fountain tap hourly.
- Limited capacity of staff inside the concession at a time.
- No ice cream window until further notice (side widow by women’s washroom).
- Front window will only open enough to communicate with guest and avoiding droplet contact.
- Lines will form straight back from windows with 2 meter spacing between people. Overflow line will be to the right of the concession building down the river side of the valley trail.
- Wavier and payment processing will be completed online by accessing waiver on mobile device.
- Waiver signing devices and payment machines will be cleaned after every contact.
- Washroom, front shelf, and windows cleaned hourly.
- Staff to wear appropriate PPE equipment at all times.
- Appropriate PPE equipment will be worn when loading and unloading guests from boats.
- Control the return of used gear for cleaning before returning to inventory.
- River speech to cover new valley trail protocol when portaging boat around the Tapley’s area.
- Line for PFD and paddle to be on the path from PFD locker toward concession with 2 meter spacing.
- Comfortable seating capacity on bus as dictates by BC Transit.
- Guests to sit with their “social bubble” or maintain 2 meter from other guests.
- Guest to load bus from back to front and unload the opposite front to back.
- Bus seats and commonly touched areas cleaned before pickups to ensure a clean environment for new passengers.
- Driver to wear appropriate PPE when loading/unloading used guest gear.
- Gear to be cleaned and disinfected before returning to inventory.