< 2 Metres >
Where possible remain 2 metres apart
When around Backroads staff and concession, masks are required.
Clean your hands regularly to help stop the spread
- If you have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or are returning from travel outside of Canada, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you are experiencing mild respiratory symptoms, you must self-isolate at home for 10 days after the initial onset of symptoms.
- If you start to feel unwell while at work: Isolate yourself and report it to your supervisor immediately.
We have done a thorough analysis of our business and implemented specific COVID-19 protection protocols to help our staff and customers.
We could all use a little peace of mind these days. Our cancelation policy is very flexible. Self guided trips can cancel up to 24 hours in advance with no fees. Guided Trips are fully refundable up to 7 days prior with only a $60 fee as we’ve scheduled and can’t cancel the guide.
Help us serve you better by booking in advance. Pre-booked guests receive priority departure, allowing you to spend less time waiting and more time on the water!
Finally, due to the current circumstances we have changed the capacity of river trips meaning they will sell out quickly. If you want to ensure you and your group are able to get out on the river, pre-book here or by calling us at 604-932-3111.
New COVID 19 Protocols
Backroads will actively mitigate all high-risk exposure of COVID-19 to staff and guests. With the help of BC Health and the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW), Backroads can effectively operate at Lakeside Park. Backroads will adhere to all COVID-19 protocols and ask that all guests wear a face mask when interacting with staff and sanitize regularly.
- Has access to appropriate PPE and cleaning supplies.
- Extra staff to ensure time for cleaning and disinfecting gear.
- Hand washing facilities will be available for staff and guests.
Lakeside Park Amenities
- Playground is use at your own risk as dictated by the RMOW.
- Water fountain bottle filling station open.
- Northern dock is shared use, please practice social distancing.
- Grassy areas and beach are shared use, please practice social distancing
- Disinfecting of bathrooms hourly.
- Face masks are mandatory while inside the bus for all return guests and drivers.
- Comfortable seating capacity on bus as dictates by BC Transit.
- Guests to sit with their “social bubble” or maintain 2 meter from other guests.
- Guests to load bus from back to front and unload the opposite front to back.
- Driver to have access to appropriate PPE for loading/unloading used guest gear.
- Gear to be cleaned and disinfected before returning to inventory.